Barbie, born almost fifty years ago in 1949, has become an icon for all young girls around the world. Barbie has been marketed in more than 150 countries and more than a billion Barbie dolls have been sold till now. Nowadays, there are manufactures that specialize in Barbie dollhouses. The furniture for the Barbie dollhouse is so popular because of the demand for the doll itself. You can find the right Barbie dollhouse furniture either on the internet or other stores that sell a complete package of dollhouses with matching furniture.
Here are some points that you should keep in mind when purchasing the dollhouse furniture.
1. The first step is to determine the size of the house. Many of the Barbie dollhouses are small and therefore do not require lots of furniture to clutter up the space. You should therefore, make a list of furniture so as not to duplicate anything.
2. Before buying anything, it is good to take a trip to the local toy store to check out the Barbie aisle. You will come across many batter-powered gadgets and it is up to you to decide whether you want something simple and aesthetic or something hi-tech. Most of the Barbie dollhouses have a living room, a bedroom, a dining room, and a kitchen. So, you must keep the rooms in mind before buying any furniture.
3. Check out for discounts and other package offers. You can check the internet and other online shops for interesting offers before absolutely deciding on buying anything.
4. When you are buying the dollhouse furniture, make sure that you purchase movable items such as cabinet doors, wheels on chairs, and trays etc. Check the fabrics on sofa, curtain, pillows and beddings to see that they are not damaged. Sometimes these materials are damaged especially during handling and shipment, so always check once you receive them. If you are not buying from online stores, then check the fabric on the spot and replace it.
5. After making the purchases and assembling the furniture in the dollhouse, read the instructions carefully so as to avoid putting the stickers in the wrong place or upside down. In this case, you can inform the storekeeper and he / she might send you the new ones free of cost. It is important to treat the furniture well as it is valuable and could have been damaged by a rough or harsh treatment.
Barbie dolls have stood the test of time and have taken the fancy of young and old alike. With the help of above tips you can assemble a great Barbie collection to the envy of your friends and fellow collectors.